Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Birthday


On Wednesday, January 14, 2009 I was born at Palmetto Health Baptist in Columbia, SC. I grew and grew and grew in my mommy's belly so much that I had to be born via C-section. My mom and Dad woke up really early in the am to get to the hospital by 5:30. My mom was not nervous or scared. She was just ready to meet me. I was born by 7:46 am and I weighed 9 lbs and 1 oz. I had a head full of dark hair and a beautiful rosy complexion. Mom and Dad were elated that I was a healthy girl.

When they took me out of mommy's belly I cried and cried and then I heard my Daddy's voice and I calmed down because I knew I was in the right place. He helped the nurses bathe me and feed me and then we both went to see mom in the recovery room. She was so happy to see me! After hanging out with mom we all moved to the room where we would stay for the next 3 days. En route mom got really nauseated and was pretty sick for the next 6 hours, so she wasn't very much fun. But all kinds of people came to meet me like my two Grandmas, Pops, Aunt Mary, Aunt Jen, Aunt Heather, Aunt Kristy, Aunt Cat, Uncle Robby, Pete & Toni, Aunt Ashley & Uncle Jason, Carol & Will, Angie & Cheryl, and Rachael. I'm sure there were others, but it was a busy time and I can't remember them all. We had super nice nurses that took great care of Mom and I. I think I was kind of a big deal because there were flowers and balloons and people bringing mom and I presents and goodies. It was an awesome day! I can't wait until next year when I get to eat cake!!!!

1 comment: